As Canada’s largest security organization, Commissionaires provides complete security solutions that integrate highly trained personnel and technology. Our continued growth requires some additional expertise to complement our team.
|Title||Commissionaire/Security Professional/Entry Level|
|Location||Various - Commercial Sites, Federal Government, Municipal, Mobile Patrol|
|Closing Date||31 May 2013|
|Hours of Work||Days, Evenings, Nights including weekends Part-time and Fulltime hours available|
|Salary/Wage||Dependent on site, discussed at interview|
|Job Posting #||109|
Commissionaires Manitoba offers competitive wages, flexible hours, and uniforms. Commissionaires Manitoba is always looking for versatile and highly motivated personnel to augment our team. As a successful candidate you must:
- Be physically able to perform security duties, highly reliable, have excellent interpersonal and verbal communications skills, work well under pressure;
- Be able to pass a criminal background and Child Abuse Registry checks; and
- Be fluent in both written and spoken English. Bilingualism is always an asset and sometimes a requirement for specific work sites
We have created a work environment that respects our team of professionals and provides opportunities for enriching skills and allowing Commissionaires to achieve their personal goals. We offer initial and on-going training to promote the highest level of professionalism.
Under the direction of our Operational Management, individual Commissionaires provide security services to our clients by following established post orders applicable to the specific site, location, or contract they are assigned to. Duties include:
- Performing access controls;
- Conducting foot patrols;
- Conducting mobile (vehicle) patrols;
- Ensuring client property is secure in accordance with post orders;
- Securing premises as required by site post orders; and
- Completing daily logs and written reports as necessary.
Along with your willingness and ability to provide superior customer service, security, and protection to clients and their property and assets, confidentiality is a must. Ideally you possess an excellent employment record.
Commissionaires MB is an active participant in the Lone Worker Monitoring program for all employees working alone.
Required Education, Qualifications & Experience
- Graduation from secondary school is preferred.
- You must successfully complete the Manitoba Security Guard Training (MSGTP) Program course/Commissionaires Qualifying Course in order to be licensed as a Security Guard in Manitoba. We will train the right candidate at our training academy. Our eight day basic training course includes the MSGT Course, Emergency First Aid & CPR and Commissionaire unique training.
- Military or RCMP experience is a plus but is not required;
- An Enhanced Security clearance is preferred and in specific cases is the minimum required.
Required Skills, Knowledge And Abilities
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to walk large areas, sit or stand for extended periods of time, indoors and out;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Leadership skills would be an asset.
If you would enjoy working with our team of committed professionals, please complete our online application form.
In accordance with our mandate, applicants with service in the Canadian Forces or RCMP will be given preference, however, all qualified applicants will be considered.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants; however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer