As Canada’s largest security organization, Commissionaires provides complete security solutions that integrate highly trained personnel and technology. Our continued growth requires some additional expertise to complement our team.
|Title||Security Officer, OFA 2 Certified|
|City||Delta, North Vancouver, Burnaby|
|Closing Date||31 May 2013|
|Hours of Work||Full-Time, Part-Time & Casual|
|Job Posting #||80365|
This position is responsible for the overall security including access control, patrols, and first aid. The successful candidate will report to the Site Supervisor regarding employee and client concerns and will have a strong customer service focus.
- Providing access control;
- Patrols of the internal area and loading dock;
- Providing first aid assistance;
- Issuing passes and keys;
- Writing daily reports;
- Respond to alarms;
- Monitor cameras;
- All other duties required as directed by the Site Supervisor.
Required Education, Qualifications and Experience
- To be successful you must have resided in Canada for the last five years and not been out of the country for more than six months at a time in order to complete required security clearances;
- Have demonstrated interest and experience in serving the public;
- Must hold a valid BC Security License;
- Completion of Occupational First Aid Level 2;
- Fluent English written, verbal and reading skills;
- Positive attitude with professional demeanour and strong interpersonal / customer service skills;
- Excellent attention to detail to fulfill job duties and incident report writing;
- Excellent problem solving skills and ability to handle emergency situations in a calm and professional manner.
- Physically fit, able to walk up stairs and be able to work various shifts.
If you would enjoy working with our team of committed professionals please submit your resume using the Apply link and complete our online application form.
In accordance with our mandate, applicants with service in the Canadian Forces or RCMP will be given preference, however, all qualified applicants will be considered.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants; however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.