As Canada’s largest security organization, Commissionaires provides complete security solutions that integrate highly trained personnel and technology. Our continued growth requires some additional expertise to complement our team.
|Title||Security Officer – Reserve Division|
|Closing Date||31 May 2013|
|Hours of Work||On-Call, casual - minimum three shifts available/wk across a 7 day period. Applicants with more availability given preference.|
|Shifts||Shifts could include: mornings (7am-3pm), afternoons (3pm-11pm) and nights (11pm to 7am). Will vary based on the job assignment.|
|Assignments||Potential assignments could be: RCMP sites, bike patrol, airport screening, escort services, animal control, bylaw enforcement|
|Job Posting #||80404|
As BC's largest security organization, we provide comprehensive security solutions that integrate highly trained people and technology. We are looking for individuals with excellent communication skills and a positive ‘can-do’ attitude to provide superior customer service, security and protection for our client sites. As a frontline representative, you are a professional who takes pride in your dress and deportment. Commissionaires on the Reserve Division will be considered for permanent opportunities in Security and Enforcement based on performance.
- Provide superior customer service to clients and general public
- Conduct security patrols of assigned buildings and provide access control
- Proactively respond and resolve emergency situations and conflicts
- Complete evacuation and emergency response procedures
- Clearly write daily logs and reports of all incidents
- Effectively communication problems or concerns to the site supervisor
- Possess excellent multi-tasking, problem solving, prioritizing and organizational abilities
- Maintain ongoing knowledge of and perform all duties with high safety standards
Required Education, Qualifications and Experience
- To be successful you must have resided in Canada for the last five years and not been out of the country for more than six months at a time in order to complete required security clearances
- Have demonstrated interest and experience in serving the public
- Hold a valid BC Security License and Occupational First Aid Level 1 or be willing to complete training and testing
- Fluent English written, verbal and reading skills
- Intermediate computer skills would be an asset
- Positive attitude with professional demeanour and strong interpersonal / customer service skills
- Excellent attention to detail to fulfill job duties and incident report writing
- Excellent problem solving skills and ability to handle emergency situations in a calm and professional manner
- Ability to work independently and make sound decisions in varying situations
- Willingness to work shifts ranging from 8 hours to 12 hours, rotating days, afternoons and nights as required by client site
- Physically fit and able to stand for long periods and able to work in a range of weather. conditions throughout shift including working indoors and outdoors
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and experience working with computers plus other office equipment such as fax and photocopiers preferred
- Valid BC Driver’s license is an asset
- Minimum 19 years of age, High School diploma, and good physical health
- Fluency in French (verbal and written) is an asset
If you would enjoy working with our team of committed professionals please submit your resume using the Apply link and complete our online application form.
In accordance with our mandate, applicants with service in the Canadian Forces or RCMP will be given preference, however, all qualified applicants will be considered.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants; however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.