Educational Facility Security Services
The security requirements at educational facilities such as college and university campuses can be complex, as these environments are often like cities unto themselves. Keeping students and staff safe is at the forefront of security requirements. This is why many educational institutions across Canada rely on the elite security expertise of Commissionaires to create safety programs, as well as to provide guarding and mobile patrol, support of safe walk programs, and parking services.
Commissionaires provides a complete range of security solutions, including:
- Emergency response – First response first aid, fire safety and alarm response;
- Support of safe walk programs and response to any distress calls;
- Internal security guarding – to protect confidential areas and equipment within your facility;
- Patrol officers (mobile patrol) – to patrol and search premises and surrounding grounds for any suspicious persons, cars or materials and to conduct regular security and fire alarm checks;
- Parking enforcement and vehicular traffic management or access control;
- Security guarding during expansion and construction projects on campus;
- Receptionists and concierges – to screen visitors as they enter and exit your facility, screen and direct incoming calls.
Université Laval Client Profile
Founded in 1852, Université Laval is the oldest centre of education in Canada and was the first institution in North America to offer higher education in French. With 44,000 students, 17 faculties and more than 400 programs, Université Laval is recognized as one of the top ten research-intensive universities in Canada. It manages 230 research teams and centres and receives more than 265 million dollars per year in research income. The university welcomes international students and has signed about 570 partnerships with universities in 65 countries. Read more
Download a PDF of this case study.
Concordia University Case Study
Located in the heart of downtown Montréal, Quebec, Concordia University is an English- language comprehensive university. The university’s name is derived from Montréal’s motto, “Concordia Salus,” or “well-being through harmony.” Concordia offers more than 433 distinct graduate and undergraduate degrees, diplomas and certificates offered in four faculties, the School of Extended Learning and the School of Graduate Studies. Read more
Download a pdf of this case study.