Commissionaires is Canada's premier security company, offering a unique combination of integrity, experience and innovation. For more than 90 years, Commissionaires has protected people and property across Canada in the private and public sectors.
We are looking for an experienced individual to contribute to our company’s sales objectives and to work with multiple divisions within the Commissionaires Federation. The role is focused on building long-term client relationships, identifying diversification opportunities and leveraging vertical market(s), business intelligence and analytics. As a General Manager, you will use your creativity and thorough knowledge of sales processes to provide innovative ideas for business growth. Communication and team management skills are essential for this position.
Job duties include:
• Develop and implement effective sales strategies
• Lead nationwide sales team members to achieve sales targets
• Establish productive and professional relationships with key personnel in customer accounts
• Negotiate and close agreements with large customers
• Monitor and analyze performance metrics and suggest improvements
• Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual sales forecast
• Perform research and identify new potential customers and new market opportunities
• Provide timely and effective solutions aligned with clients’ needs
• Liaise with Marketing and Product Development departments to ensure brand consistency
• Participate in Proposal Development and Response
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
Candidates must demonstrate how they meet the prerequisites indicated on the notice of job opportunity.
• Bachelor’s degree in business an equivalent field or with equivalent experience will be considered
• Must have 8 to 10 years’ experience in a strategic level
• Strategic planning and execution experience
• Proven knowledge of Federal Government infrastructure and procurement processes
• Ability to negotiate and close both new business and renewal business opportunities
• In-depth understanding of and ability to analyze sales performance metrics
• Ability to work with large contracts
• Knowledge of CRM software and Microsoft Office Suite
• Solid customer service attitude with excellent negotiation skills
• Strong communication and team management skills
• Analytical skills with a problem-solving attitude
• Strong internal/external client facing and interpersonal skills
• Excellent relationship building and networking skills
• Strong management skills, including the ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines
• Powerful business acumen skills
• Knowledge of the Security Industry
• Availability to travel on a regular basis
Why work at Commissionaires?
Our strength is rooted in our history. While Commissionaires has evolved over the years as the industry has changed, we have stayed true to our roots.
We have an extraordinary heritage, strong values and a national reach from coast to coast. Not only do we offer meaningful work, we offer a place to belong.
We are a private, self-supporting, not-for-profit organization, continuing a proud tradition that started nearly a century ago. By operating in this manner, we are able to fulfill our original mandate of providing meaningful work to veterans of the military and the RCMP, while providing our clients with quality service at competitive rates.
• The ability to make a difference and be part of a strong team
• An excellent compensation package
• Generous leave entitlement, including additional paid days off
• Flexible work/life balance
• Learning and Development opportunities
• The chance to belong to an organization with a reputation for integrity and a history of giving back to those who have served our country
If we’re the right fit for you, we want to hear from you! Send us your resume and cover letter, no later than 13 February 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting reference #19/042
We appreciate the interest of all applicants; however, only those considered for interview will be contacted.
Commissionaires values the diversity of our workforce and respects its employees as individuals, regardless of race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, gender and age.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and Commissionaires’ Policies on Accommodation, a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of Commissionaires’ hiring process
General Manager- National Accounts (PDF_English)